Tuesday, January 27, 2009

In which I lock the world out and run away with Suzanne.

Look what was on my doorstep when I went home to let Russ out after class today:


As soon as I get home tonight, I'm pulling the shades, turning off the phones, pouring myself a glass of something nice, and curling up on the couch under my Grandma's hand-sewn quilt to read it.

I have a tendency to devour Suz's books in two evening-long reading binges. Then, in a month or two, I'll sit down and read it more slowly. Catch the little things I missed in my haste to FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

So even though I've got three books going right now (WHY do I do that? I never used to.) they're all on the back burner until Dark of Night gets read.

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Don't you love it when you find that favorite author who just speaks to you and whose stories grab you?

Happy reading, hon!

Anonymous said...

I do the exact same thing with good books, and I'm finding I'm doing it now that I've got sucked into watching TV on DVD. I am blowing through Buffy because I MUST KNOW HOW IT ENDS. Once I know, I can watch the series again. Slowly, so things can sinnk it.

That One said...

I've not finished it yet! THINGS have gotten in the way of my reading time. (But not the stack of dirty dishes in my sink. Oh, no. They shall never come between me and Suzanne. NEVER.)

I went to bed about 11 last night and dreamed about the characters. I am obsessed and I WILL finish it tonight.

penny said...

Happy reading! I'll have to add her to my list.

I go through so many books that I'm lucky I like re-reading. Over and over and over again. It's one of the reasons I have some of my favorites in both hardback and paperback.