Friday, March 7, 2008

Yeah. So. Post #1.

Here it is. Post #1. I find I'm a bit anxious about what to write here. Seriously, what does anyone write in their first post?

Personal statistics? Yeah. Sure. You'd be asleep once I got past "female, 35, committed relationship". You'd skip right over the part about what I like (books, movies, all things British. To name a few.) and my hometown (Ypsilanti, MI - pronounced Ipsilanti. Pronounce it Yipsilanti and us natives will laugh and point) and my family (parents married 40 years this year, brother, SIL, 2 nieces, 1 nephew).

Because really? Who wants to hear about that stuff?

Been a Blog Lurker for quite awhile. I'm addicted to PostSecret (perfect Monday morning coffee-break reading), Badger (fuckin' LOVE her! Am frantically working my way through her archives because I found her just recently) and Chuck over at dooce.com is Wonder Dog #4 (behind my two and my boyfriend's one, of course). Figured I'd like to jump on the blog bandwagon and start one of my own. We'll see how long I keep it up.

Oh, yeah. The blog name? Defective Typewriter? From the movie Grease. Remember when they were all at the drive in? Rizzo was in the ladies with Marty. She said she felt like a defective typewriter because she missed a period.

Currently, that's how I feel - a bit out of synch. Like I'm missing some major pieces. (Lack of sunshine, perhaps? Probably. I live in Michigan.)

But I've not missed a period. Thank God.

============

Jumping right in:

Books:
Currently reading This Republic of Suffering by Drew Gilpin Faust. Because who doesn't want a new way of looking at U.S. history?

I picked up Last Days of Summer by Steve Kluger for $.50 on the Library book cart. It's on deck (ha! a funny! it's a BASEBALL book!) This might have to be my night-stand book. Because I doubt it's as depressing as This Republic.

Yeah. Have a ton more to read but I'm not about to list 'em all. (Duma Key, anyone?)

Movies:
Borrowed Wives and Daughters from the library. It's a British Costume Drama. If you're not into that sort of thing, you'll hate it. I AM into that sort of thing. Andrew Davies (writer, Bridget Jones' Diary) is all sorts of wonderful. Indeed. Sat back with a tumbler of Glenlivet and water (what? you drink your scotch neat?) and enjoyed the hell right out of this movie.

Next up, North and South.

Misc:
Supposed to get hit by another snow storm tomorrow. I hope so...would love to get snowed in once more before winter ends.

No comments: