Saturday, August 16, 2008

Buzzin' around Hertitage Fest

.
Buzzin' around all weekend long, like a fly in my ear, has been the Goodyear blimp.

Buzz. Buzz, buzz. Buzzbuzzbuzz.

Buzz.

Also happening this weekend is the Ypsilanti Heritage Festival. Vendors, fair food, a Rubber Duck Race, Ancestors Gathering, and old machines.

This machine, the "New Badger",

gave me this....

a bag of ground-before-mine-own-eyes corn meal! The lady that handed it to me and said, "refrigerate or freeze it...fresh ground = no preservatives."

Anyone have a good corn bread recipe? I'd love to have 'em!


3 comments:

Molly's Mom said...

Sorry, no good cornbread recipe here. We usually use good old Jiffy mixes!

Did volunteering at the festival help your funk? We went to a farmer's market in downtown Holland (ever been? it's a great little town!) and got some fresh ground honey roasted peanut butter - to die for!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Um, yeah. Jiffy Corn Muffin mix is what I use. *Cough* That's awesome, though! If you find a recipe, you'll have to let us know how it turns out!

Not Afraid To Use It said...

I've got a couple of great ones. If I don't get back over here in the next couple of days to post it, feel free to harass me via email. We've got a bday party this weekend we are prepping for, and my brain is a bit scrambled right now.