Monday, November 24, 2008

Aqua & Red - swappy goodness

A while back, I signed up for the Aqua and Red swap hosted by Apron Thrift Girl. I was paired up with Melissa at Kumalata Kumalata.

Here is what I sent her:


I <3 this vase and all it's kitschy splendor:


And this is what she sent me:
  • a GORGEOUS aqua colored linen table cloth
  • two napkins/hankies which are just too cute for words
  • an awesome tin leaf that can be used as either a table decoration or hung on the wall
  • two red leaf-plates

It just so happens that I have been looking for some decorations for the cottage's bathroom (we're trying to get it ready to be a vacation rental next summer). We've got a white washed dresser in the bathroom that serves as our linen closet. The red plates will look fantastic on top of it - especially when it's filled with the red, green, and orange glycerin soap leaves I'm planning on making. Here's a pic of it with the white, lavender scented soap* I made last week:

Thanks, Melissa, for all the wonderful goodies!

*Pretty good for my first time!

1 comment:

penny said...

Ohhh, pretty!

Are those sachets or ornaments (or something else) in your photo at the top?

Someone has been crafty lately!

Happy Thanksgiving!