Sunday, February 1, 2009

February, 2009 - the "No Eating Out Month"

S and I have decided that we're going to try to go the whole month of February without eating out.

This morning we went to the grocery store and loaded up on groceries.

I've stocked up on delicious sounding recipes that aren't supposed to be too challenging.

Wish us luck!

----------

Today was sunny and warm - about 37! We took the dogs for a walk and I was quite comfy in my sweatshirt and down vest. But had the sun not been shining so brightly, I woulda froze my ass off.

----------

I think I might've caught either Badger's or Eurolush's cold. But I hope the nap I'm going to take as soon as I push "publish post" will help nip it in the bud.

----------

Am really enjoying The Hour I First Believed. I'm hoping to make a large dent in it tonight during the Super Bowl - I ignore the game by reading and stop reading to watch the ads.

----------

If the nap doesn't help, hopefully the game-time whiskey will.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bought The Hour I First Believed and plan to start it this week. Loved his other two books so I fully expect to love this one too.

penny said...

I seldom eat out, but I do get takeout once or twice a week and eat at home. Does that count?

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better after your nappy-nap.

I was able to sleep through the night last night, for the first time in THREE days. Woop!

Tell us about all the fab meals you're making for dinner...curious minds need to know.

Molly's Mom said...

I wish we could do the "no eating out" thing...we are trying to cut down on it, though.