Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Update

This past weekend was very relaxing.

I spent all day Saturday at home. I went outside once - to take the trash out. S came over Saturday afternoon and I made us dinner -- blackened salmon, green beans, baked potato.

Part of my Saturday was spent cutting out pieces for another tote bag.

The green scroll is the outside of the tote.

The pink is the lining and, if I can figure out how to do it, it will be decorative trim on the outside.

(I just realized - this is the second green & pink bag I've made. I'm not a huge fan of pink so I don't know WHY I chose these fabrics. Unless it was because of the green. I love the green!)

I'll post photos when it's done.

Sunday I realized I hadn't bought enough of the pink fabric so back to JoAnn I went. Then I stopped a S's house for a couple of minutes and finally made my way out to my folk's house for a visit. I really need to make time to go visit them more often. Mom and I played a game and dad watched poker on TV. (Why? Why are men so obsessed with watching poker on TV? I find it about as stimulating as watching paint dry.)

----------

S's dog had ACL surgery last week. Even with her bandage, she tussels with her stuffed pheasant and makes her needs known. "Hey Lady! Gimme a biscuit," she barks as soon as I walk in the door. She's getting to the point now where she's ready for the bandage to come off.

Speaking of her bandage, it's pink with purple hearts. Not exactly what we would've picked for S's little athlete. See for yourself...

This was taken the day she got home from the vet (Tuesday, 2/17). It also just so happened to be her 11th birthday.

4 comments:

penny said...

I love those colors together! The fabrics are gorgeous. I can't wait to see the photos of the finished bag.

My dad and brother watch poker on TV. I will admit that I used to watch the celebrity tournaments, but only if there was an actor on there that I liked. Definitely not for the card playing.

Poor doggie! At least she's not letting it get her down!

Anonymous said...

Oh...the pink doggy cast is hilarious!

Love the fabrics you chose. The colors are great. Can't wait to see the bag. Your last bag was really nice.

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Oh, with this pink and green thing, you are soooo turning into a Delta Zeta! I may have to get you initiated. And learn the secret handshake. :)

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Wendy said...

Sew, Tuli, sew!