Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Today I am...

... reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. I'm half way through it and have yet to begin to think of this as a horror story. Mostly it's just sad.

... listening to the hum of my computer monitor. I've not turned the radio on today.

... watching Wire In The Blood. Because one episode wasn't enough. I'm hooked on Robson Green and Hermione Norris. But mostly Robson Green. Holy cats, he's gorgeous.

... eating left-over coconut curry chicken.

... drinking water. Lots of it. This evening, I'll be drinking Sam Adams lager.

... making mom's shawl. Knit, knit, knit. It's getting huge and I'm on a roll and I can't wait to start the lace edge.

... waiting for a day off. One in which I don't have to call in sick to get. That'll be November 7. I'm waiting for November 7.

... wondering what I'm going to do with myself for two weeks while S is off sailing on the Atlantic.

... hoping S has a safe trip.

... thinking that stealing this idea from Badger, Blackbird, and Poppy was a grand idea.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein" is really about what she sees happening as a result of the Industrial Revolution. The mechanization of process, the loss of skill and craft, the dreary of factory work. She was right, in many ways, to feel sad.

Have a safe trip, S.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, today I'm at work reading your blog instead of working. Better be careful or the boss will give me permanent days off.

I'm being envious of commenters like LceeL, who can incorporate a brilliant literary essay into his comment.

I'm hungry for your coconut curry chicken.

I'm looking forward to Meester being gone for a week starting tomorrow...but I don't live alone, so being alone for a week will be a luxury. No offense to Meester and S, of course, you know what I mean.....

ree said...

Boy, oh boy - are you going to be in the bathroom a lot. ;-)

LeahBear said...

I was just eyeballing Frankenstein at the bookstore yesterday - I should have bought it!

I hope S has a safe trip, and I hope you find plenty of things to keep you occupied while he's gone. :)

Duyvken said...

That's a great book.
I hope S has a good trip too.