Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Leisure Seeker

The Leisure Seeker by Michael Zadoorian - Book the 9th towards my goal of 30.

It's about an elderly Michigan couple who hop in their camper and head out west along Route 66. John has Alzheimer's, Ella has cancer. It's about a final hoorah, love, and keeping promises.

I figured out how it would end very early in the book but that didn't keep me from crying when it was over. (I'm a sap. Don't judge.)

Simply, I really adored this book.

(The author lives in southeast Michigan. Bonus!)

2 comments:

penny said...

I'm a big book cryer, too. I can read the same book a dozen times and still sob my eyes out.

Appropriate that my word verification is crizer.

Sömsmånen said...

Hi there, no, no, you make it as usual but add raspberries (mix those with the mint and ice), mix sugar and cinnamon on a plate and dip the rim of the glass in that. Every sip will blend the sweetness of the spices with the sour taste of the lime, raspberries and rum. Yummy!
Have a great weekend!